Thursday, February 20, 2014

Clean

Scared. Frightened. What do these have to do with me? Love. Encouragement. Why are these my words? Are you selfish for being frightened for someone? Or for loving them? Should they have a say of who can feel for them? For, if I do not want you to love me, feel for me, be scared for me, how could you? Would you trample on me like that? If I told you I didn't want you to love me, could you stop? If you told me that I could no longer feel excited for you when you got ahead, would I be able to do that? How are we allowed to feel emotions for others? I feel it is a right of a person to be able to not allow that. I am doing it to protect you. For if you stop loving me you won't be hurt. And if you won't get hurt then I won't have to worry about you. See? It's all so much cleaner and more rational. Could we just stop the mess of emotions and allow the logic of the situation to assert itself. Rise above the inability to function. No more will you drown in your own emotions. No more would there be breathless moments where you weren't sure that you would be able to breath again for fear. It could all be washed away, it would all be, once and for all, clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment